Need your Prepaid phone Refilled? Click Here

www.callingmart.com

Friday, August 10, 2012


It's not the outside that counts to God, but the inside.


I know it's been a long time since I posted a note, and Sermon ideas on here, but I feel led to share what's on my heart tonight.

Scripture is Jeremiah 17:9-10.

Many of us know Jeremiah 17:9, but how many of us focus on verse 10?  God searches our hearts, and he also tests our minds, and God gives according to those things, according to the fruit that He sees.  Sometimes we can wonder why things are not changing in a situation, we can focus on other aspects of the picture, instead of taking an honest look inside ourselves and taking captive those thoughts in our heads that are dishonoring to God, or not allow yourself to dwell on the things that your heart wants us to dwell on.



  Paul tells us in Colossians 3:1 "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God" The hardest part for us as followers of Christ is to focus on the things above, because we are so 'earthly minded' instead of 'heavenly minded'.   We so often get caught up in our needs and our wants, or our desires that we push God's will for us out of the picture.  Sad things is many of us can still 'look' like we are growing closer to Jesus while doing those things.  Last time i checked, God does not care about our outward appearance, but cares deeply about our mind and our heart being purified and focused on serving Him whole heartily.

The Bible confirms this with the Scripture I shared yesterday '1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart'.  God does not want just the part of us we want him to have, He wants ALL of us.  God also wants us JUST AS WE ARE, full of sin, pride, and selfishness.

  As we grow closer to Christ, God will take those unpure desires/habits away from us, and we will become more like HIM, until that day we see HIM face to face!.  I so look forward to that day, where there will be no more pain, no more tears, and no more SIN. Do not ever forget that no human is perfect, for if they say they are, they are lying to you.  The only perfect person to ever walk this earth is Jesus, and he was hung upon a cross to pay for our sins.

On a personal note, holding on to God's promises have really helped me through the loss of my grandmother-in-law.  I know that as long as I press towards serving God with all aspects of my life, and accept Jesus as my Savior, I will see Catherine in Heaven, dancing on the streets of gold with the rest of God's family, on that day God calls me home.

In Christ,

-Kevin

No comments: